How do I fix the thumbnail on my Youtube video?
Thumbnail is the photo which represents your video in YouTube’s search feed. It is a much important factor which makes your video to look attractive and attracts viewers to see the video. Thus it becomes very important to choose a wise thumbnail for your video, and here, in this article, we will learn how to change Thumbnail of YouTube video?
Though you have a Mobile phone or a PC, in both of them, the only way to change the thumbnail of YouTube video is through YouTube Studio.
A Youtube Studio app is available for both the Android and iOS version. Here are some of the easiest ways to change the Thumbnail of YouTube Video.
How to change Thumbnail of YouTube video on Computer ?
If you decide to change your youtube video’s thumbnail through a personal computer, you have a choice to select the one suggested by youtube itself, from the video, or you can create a new thumbnail elsewhere and upload it in YouTube Studio. Let’s learn in details about each method.
A – Selecting Thumbnail from YouTube’s Suggestions.
Selecting a thumbnail from YouTube’s suggestions is one of the easiest options. Editing is not in this method. Youtube provides with three randomly created thumbnail suggestions, created from the parts of the video. This method works similarly on almost all of the major operating systems. Follow the simple steps given below –
● Firstly, open the web browser installed on your computer.
● Secondly, go to YouTube’s homepage.
● Log into your Google account.
● Then click on your profile icon located in the top-right corner of the screen.
● It will lead you to a list of options, select the “YouTube Studio” option.
● When YouTube Studio opens, click on the “Content” option, situated on the left side of the screen.
● Now select the video you want to edit, click upon it.
● A video editing page will flash on the screen, go to it’s “Thumbnail” section.
● It is the time to select one of three thumbnaila suggested by YouTube, click on the desired thumbnail.
● Finally, C on the “Save” button. Hurray!!! You’ve uploaded the thumbnail for your video from youtube suggestions.
●By clicking the “Upload thumbnail” button, you can upload your own thumbnail too.
Want to Upload Your Own Thumbnail to Youtube Video via PC?
If you do not find any of the three thumbnail suggestions by youtube, you have an option always open to upload your own thumbnail. This feature is currently available on all of the platforms, be it Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Following steps will guide you to upload a custom thumbnail for your Youtube video –
● Firstly open the web browser installed on your computer.
● Secondly, Go to YouTube’s home page.
● Log in with your Google account.
● Now Click on the profile icon situated in the top-right corner of the page.
● From the list of options, pick the “YouTube Studio” option.
● When the YouTube Studio opens, click on the “Content” tab, locatedon the left side of the page.
● Click on the video you want to add the desired custom thumbnail.
● Open the “Thumbnail” section, click on the “Upload thumbnail” option.
● Browse for the image you want to upload as a thumbnail and double-click on it.
● Click on the “Save” button when, the image is uploaded in the YouTube Studio.
ProTip – It is suggested that your custom thumbnail should have a ratio of 16:9 to fit the dimensions of the thumbnail in search results and previews. The favourable resolution is 1280×720 pixels, though it is permitted to create a custom thumbnail smaller, it must be at least 640 pixels wide, as the minimum resolution allowed by youtube is of 640×360 pixels.
How to Change a Youtube video Thumbnail on Mobile?
Youtube now has provided us with the option to change your video’s thumbnail through your smartphone. Below are the steps mentioned, about how it’s done –
● First of all, download and install the YouTube Studio app, Android users can download it from Google Play while, iOS users can download it from iTunes.
● Launch start the Youtube Studio app.
● Now click upon the “Get Started” button.
● Sign In into your YouTube account. If the account you want to use is not given in the list, click on the “Add account” option and enter the information required.
● Click on the “Main Menu” option (three horizontal lines).
● A list of options will flash, click on the “Videos” option.
● Now, select the video you want to edit and add the thumbnail.
● Click on the “Pencil” icon to open the video editing window.
● Once again, click on the “Pencil” icon to edit the thumbnail.
● Now choose the “Custom Thumbnail” option.
● The app will seek your permission to access your gallery or Photos app, allow it.
● Select the photo you want to upload as your Video’s thumbnail.
● Click on the “Select” button.
● Finally click on the “Save” button. Hurraayyy!!!! You have uploaded the desired thumbnail to your video.
Hope the article was helpful to you.
Happy Reading !
How to Think: The Skill You’ve Never Been Taught
Visit – Humbaa.com For more
READING TIME: 4 MINUTES
No skill is more valuable and harder to come by than the ability to critically think through problems. Schools don’t teach you a method of thinking. Thinking is one of those things that can be learned but can’t be taught.
When it comes to thinking the mind has an optimal way to be operated. When operated correctly you’ll find yourself with plenty of free time. When operated incorrectly, most of your time will be consumed correcting mistakes.
Good decisions create time, bad ones consume it. Good initial decisions pay dividends for years, allowing abundant free time and low stress. Poor decisions, on the other hand, consume time, increase anxiety, and drain us of energy.
But how can we learn how to think?
For the answer, we turn to Solitude and Leadership, a lecture given by William Deresiewicz. The entire essay is worth reading (and re-reading).
Learning How To Think
Let’s start with how you don’t learn to think. A study by a team of researchers at Stanford came out a couple of months ago. The investigators wanted to figure out how today’s college students were able to multitask so much more effectively than adults. How do they manage to do it, the researchers asked? The answer, they discovered—and this is by no means what they expected—is that they don’t. The enhanced cognitive abilities the investigators expected to find, the mental faculties that enable people to multitask effectively, were simply not there. In other words, people do not multitask effectively. And here’s the really surprising finding: the more people multitask, the worse they are, not just at other mental abilities, but at multitasking itself.
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/humbaa/support