Glycemic Index Whiskey is 15
If you are searching what is a glycemic index or how to use a glycemic index then Humbaa.com will explain this.
The Glycemic index is mainly a tool to scale the sugar level in the blood, if you are a fitness freak and want to lose your body weight then knowing the glycemic index of a food is essential.
What is the glycemic index?
The Glycemic index is also known as (GI). In simple language, the glycemic index is a tool to measure the content of sugar in food. The higher the glycemic index, the higher risk to increase the blood sugar level.
The glycemic index, mainly had three parts, Low GI, medium GI, high GI.
And this is mainly measured from 0-100 scale.
The lower the Glycemic index of a food, the lesser your blood sugar level, the higher the GI the risk of increasing the blood sugar level is high.
GI – Glycemic Index ratings, which is categories below:
Low – 55 or less
Medium – 56 – 69
High – 70 or above
What is the glycemic Index Whiskey
Whisky or whiskey is a type of a distilled alcoholic beverage, according to Wikipedia, the whisky is made from fermented grain mash. Like barley, rye, corn wheat for the different varieties.
Malt whisky – which is made from malted barley
Grain whisky – which is made from any type of grain.
Glycemic Index Whiskey Nutritional Value
|Amount Per 1 fl oz (27.8 g)1 jigger 1.5 fl oz (42 g)100 grams100 grams|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0 g||0%|
|Saturated fat 0 g||0%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 0 mg||0%|
|Potassium 1 mg||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g||0%|
|Dietary fiber 0 g||0%|
|Sugar 0.1 g|
|Protein 0 g||0%|
Glycemic Index Chart
- The glycemic index of Apples: 36
- The glycemic index of Strawberries: 41
- The glycemic index of Dates: 42
- The glycemic index of Oranges: 43
- The glycemic index of Banana: 51
- The glycemic index of Mango: 51
- The glycemic index of Blueberries: 53
- The glycemic index of Pineapple: 59
- The glycemic index of Watermelon: 76
Glycemic Index of Vegetables
- The glycemic index of Carrots (boiled): 39
- The glycemic index of Plantains (boiled): 66
- The glycemic index of Sweet potatoes (boiled): 63
- The glycemic index of Pumpkin (boiled): 74
- The glycemic index of Potatoes (boiled): 78
Glycemic Index of Grains
- Glycemic Index of Barley: 28
- Glycemic Index of Quinoa: 53
- Glycemic Index of Rolled oats: 55
- Glycemic Index of Couscous: 65
- Glycemic Index of Popcorn: 65
- Glycemic Index of Brown rice: 68
- Glycemic Index of White rice: 73
- Glycemic Index of Whole wheat bread: 74
- Glycemic Index of White bread: 75
Glycemic Index of Legumes
- Glycemic Index of Chickpeas: 28
- Glycemic Index of Lentils: 32
- Glycemic Index of Soybeans: 16
- Glycemic Index of Kidney beans: 24
Glycemic index of Dairy products
- Glycemic Index of Whole milk: 39
- Glycemic Index of Ice cream: 51
- Glycemic Index of Rice milk: 86
- Glycemic Index of Soymilk: 34
- Glycemic Index of Skim milk: 37
Glycemic index of Sweeteners
- Glycemic index of Fructose: 15
- Glycemic index of Coconut sugar: 54
- Glycemic index of Maple syrup: 54
- Glycemic index of Honey: 61
- Glycemic index of Table sugar: 65