How to Send an Instagram DM
Simple messaging is referred to as DM. Private messages between one Instagram user and another, or a group of users, are known as DMs.
Instagram DMs aren’t shown in your brand’s feed, profile, or search results.
They won’t work for your fans, either. The direct messages are only visible to you and those with which you are communicating.
Instagram Direct is how DMs are submitted on the platform. Consider it an email mailbox where you can store private messages.
By clicking on the paper airplane icon on both desktop and smartphone, you can reach Instagram Direct to see your Instagram DMs.
Without any special downloads or features, anybody can build or respond to Instagram DMs from their desktop.
This makes it easy for your brand to react to a large number of DMs in a short amount of time.
The method is the same if you’re replying to an Instagram DM on a PC or making an Instagram DM on a Mac:
- Go to the brand’s Instagram site and log in. Use your preferred web browser to access instagram.com. There isn’t a dedicated Instagram DM browser.
- Choose the paper airplane icon from the drop-down menu.
- To get to Instagram Direct, go to the top right corner of the website and press the paper airplane button.
- View all of your Instagram Direct Messages
- Here you can see all of your brand’s direct communications and connections. In the column, unread direct messages will appear first.
- There’s even the opportunity to start a new DM. To start a new conversation, click the blue Send Message button