Table of Contents On Humbaa
Hide Text Messages
Because sending and receiving text messages has become so routine in our daily lives, we almost ever stop to think about the amount of private information that we may have shared via the hundreds or thousands of texts that we have exchanged.
It’s possible that you want to hide your texts for reasons that aren’t as nefarious, such as the fact that you don’t want your girlfriend‘s dirty messages to display on your phone while you’re at work.
How To Hide Text Messages On Android
On Android, there are a number of different ways that text messages and alarms may be concealed. You may still be notified of important text messages sent to you by other people if you choose this option.
Turn Off Text Notifications
- The “Notifications” option may be found under the “Settings” menu.
- By choosing this option, you may see all of the applications that have been installed.
- You may stop receiving messages by going to the notifications area and choosing “Off” from the drop-down menu there.
If you follow the guidelines up above, there is a chance that you may overlook an important communication sent by a close friend or member of your family. There is now a better degree of accuracy available when silencing a single contact.
Hide Texts on the Lock Screen
The whole text message is now shown on the lock screen of the most recent Android phones. Despite the fact that this may be quite handy, it can also be humiliating.
You may want to switch Android back to displaying just the most basic information about incoming text messages rather than the complete thing if privacy is an issue for you.
Here’s how to prevent the lock screen from displaying the whole contents of any messages:
- Take a look at the Messaging application.
- You may access ‘Settings’ by touching the three-dot symbol in the top right-hand corner.
- Select ‘Notifications’ from the drop-down menu.
- ‘In-App Notification Settings’ should be selected.
- ‘Preview New Messages’ may be turned off by clicking the toggle.
The lock screen of your phone will no longer display the entire text of new messages. Instead, it will display a simple text message with just a few lines of information.
A good idea if you work in an atmosphere where a text from your wife or girlfriend may make you seem unprofessional.
If you’re having trouble finding these options, try utilising your phone’s search feature to look up’message previews.’
You should try the following option if your dilemma is that you have a wife and a girlfriend.
Hide Message Notifications For A Single Contact
Android has a feature that few people are aware of that allows users to silence the sound of their text messages during a specific conversation. This is mostly necessary to ensure that you do not get a message notification from a person who you really should not be conversing with or who you do not want to explain to your spouse.
The following steps need to be taken in order to keep particular people from seeing your text messages:
- Launch the app used for messaging.
- To silence a contact, just choose their name from the list of available options.
- This action requires a prolonged touch on the icon representing the contact you want to use.
- In the pop-up menu, deactivate the notification bell by toggling the switch.
You will still be able to read the messages that are sent to you from this individual, but you will no longer be notified when they send you new ones.
Set A Password, PIN, Fingerprint, or Lock Pattern
When it comes to safeguarding your privacy, the approach that requires the fewest steps is almost always the most effective. Always make sure that your phone is secured with a password.
Even if you have no reason to be concerned about other people overhearing your private talks, a spy app may still be covertly installed on your phone by anybody.
If you want to establish a password, a pin number, or any other sort of security, follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings,” then “Security,” and then press “OK.”
- Choose the degree of protection that gives you the greatest peace of mind.
Simple oversights, such as forgetting to use a password, are responsible for the great majority of security flaws that are discovered.
Disable “Sensitive Notifications”
Even if you have a password enabled on your phone, the notifications for new messages will still appear on the screen that you use to unlock it. These alerts may include information that you would like to keep confidential.
To access your notifications, go to the Settings menu, then choose Apps and Notifications from the menu that appears.
It is possible to disable the feature known as ‘Sensitive Notifications.’
You will now get a notification that reads “Content Hidden” whenever your Android phone receives new SMS messages; however, you will be able to access these messages after the phone has been unlocked.
How To Hide Text Messages On iPhone
Turn Off Message Preview
To conceal your text messages in the fastest and most discrete manner, you should turn off the message previews that appear on your lock screen. These brief windows will appear on your screen if your phone receives a message while it is locked.
Proceed to the Settings menu on your device.
Check the menu and make sure that the “Notifications” and “Messages” options are chosen.
Choose ‘Show Previews’ from the drop-down menu labelled ‘Options.’
Pick the option that says “never” when asked.
You may deactivate audio notifications as well by navigating back to the ‘Notifications’ page and following the steps given there.
- Simply choose the ‘Sounds’ tab.
- Simply choose “None” from the drop-down menu that displays when you press the button to turn off the vibration feature.
- Returning to the “Sounds” dialogue box, enter its contents once again.
- Choose “None” from the list of alert tones that are currently available.
- Take a second look at your notifications, and if you’re satisfied with what you see, choose to turn off “Notification Center, Lock screen, and Banner alert alerts.”
- Verify that the “Allow Notifications” option in the settings is toggled to the “Off” position.
Disabling the function that alerts you to the arrival of new text messages is necessary if you want to prevent other people from learning when you get new messages on your phone. If you do not actively check your messaging app, you will be unaware that a new message has been sent until you do so.
Hide Messages From A Specific Person
Because of this, one of the less extreme techniques of obfuscating a message, such as the ones discussed in this article, is often the best course of action to take in the majority of situations.
- Open the app on your phone.
- Select “Contacts” from the menu that drops down to see its contents.
- Choose the individuals whose posts you want to conceal using the drop-down option.
- Click the ‘Edit’ button.
- Swiping to the right will erase a contact in your phone’s address book.
- Launch the ‘Settings’ app by selecting it from the menu bar on your phone.
- Simply choose the ‘Communications’ option from the drop-down menu to view your private messages.
- Under ‘Message Filtering,’ change the setting for ‘Unknown Senders’ to ‘On.’
Your inbox will no longer display them as a contact, and you’ll have the advantage of plausible deniability since you won’t know who is contacting you because you won’t be able to see who it is.
Hide Message Alerts From Individual Contacts
Open the ‘Messages’ app on your mobile device.
It is possible to utilise either the face symbol or a picture of the individual.
“Turn on the ‘Hide Alerts’ button.”
You may utilise this option whenever you don’t want anything to be shown on the screen.
You are alerted to the arrival of a message, but you could care less whether it is delivered to your messaging app or not.
Hide All SMS Messages
Some situations need hiding all SMS texts. Take these steps to accomplish this:
Activate the ‘Settings‘ app from your phone’s menu bar.
Select the ‘Notifications‘ tab.
Select the ‘Messages‘ app from the list at the bottom.
Make sure that ‘Allow Notifications‘ is set to “Off” in the settings.
To check for new text messages, you’ll have to open your messaging applications and look for the notice in the upper right-hand corner.